*** Updates will be provided here as a central location for communicating key points ***
Actions from the coaches meeting on January 27:
For those that weren't present at the meeting...
- Coaches Code of Conduct: Each head and assistant coach will need to read, sign, and return the paperwork to Rich Orbell or Dan Rosinski by April 1. This was provided to the head and assistant coaches that were present last night.
- Stretching/Throwing Programs: Make sure to pickup the laminated copy of the stretching and throwing program to be used for all teams. This was provided to each head coach that was present last night.
- TRIA: A baseline testing (for concussions), throwing progression, arm care, etc. will be scheduled at some point (to be held at Tria). You will be provided information to schedule this for your team in due time. The likely timeframe for this session will be mid-March to the end of April. Stay tuned.
- J-Bands: If you haven't done so already, the 12U-15U head coaches should pickup the (4) J-bands for your team (at the WAA). Contact Jim Hawksford about it.
- Wood Fungo Bat: If you haven't done so already, all head coaches should pickup a wood fungo bat (at the WAA). Contact Jim Hawksford about it.
- L Screen: If you haven't done so already, all head coaches should pickup an L screen (at the WAA). Contact Jim Hawksford about it.
1. March 27 or April 1: Metro Baseball League (MBL) Region Alignment meeting.
- Location: Burnsville Diamondhead Education Center
- Timeframe: 6:00-7:00pm
- NOTE: Not mandatory. However, if you have an issue with the region that your team has been placed, the only way to have a chance at it being switched is if you're present at the meeting. Kim Eul is in the process of getting this scheduled. Stay tuned.
2. April 6: MBL Scheduling Meeting
- Location: Rosemount High School
- Timeframe: 9:00am - 1:30pm
- AAA: 9:00-10:00am
- AA (U9, U11, U13, U15): 10:00-11:00am
- AA (U10, U12, U14): 11:00am-12:00pm
- A: 12:00-1:00pm
- This is mandatory. Please arrive 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled time.
- I highly recommend that you bring an assistant coach with you for scheduling, which will make the process more efficient.
- In advance of the meeting, you should connect with the parents of your team on dates that should be avoided when scheduling league games (i.e. school/church events, concerts, graduations, etc.). This will help you maximize the amount of players you have at each game.
3. April 16, 17, or 18: Head Coaches Meeting
- Location: Rosemount Community Center
- Timeframe: 6:00-8:00pm
- NOTE: This is mandatory. The purpose of the meeting is to pickup your MBL binder, review the league rules, etc. You must attend on 1 of the nights mentioned above.
4. April 22: MBL play begins. I wouldn't schedule games before May 1, which will help you avoid the possibility of rescheduling right away for poor weather.
5. July 3: MBL AAA standings freeze. Make sure that your league games are completed by this date.
6. July 8: MBL AAA playoffs begin.
7. July 11: MBL AA and A standings freeze. Make sure that your league games are completed by this date.
8. July 15: MBL AA and A playoffs begin.
*** The MBT State Tournament dates are on the Metro Baseball League website.
*** The Gopher State (MYAS) Tournament dates are not published on the MYAS Baseball League website (yet).